Jenny Warburton – My Yoga Story
Jenny has been teaching yoga since 2011 and is passionate about bringing the benefits of yoga to everyone. Learn more about Jenny and her journey through yoga in her story below.
“All you need to do is show up, be open to the experience; and let the yoga practice do the rest.”
Jenny found yoga in 2006. At that time, Jenny was caught up in the strong habitual behaviour of working full time and studying part-time to complete her Bachelor of Taxation studies, wearing many hats, overworked and over-scheduled and seeking refuge, she found the pathway to yoga.
As soon as she stepped onto the yoga mat, she was addicted to yoga, not just the asana practice but the means for the practitioner to master the body and the mind so that the true self can emerge to share in the experience of life!
Becoming a yoga teacher
Initially qualifying as a yoga teacher through Pine Rivers Yoga in 2011; gaining special qualifications in Yoga for Prenatal & Birth and Yoga for Postnatal and Infants, Jenny has continued her yoga teacher training journey obtaining a Certificate of Teaching Discovery Level, Chair Yoga and Inversions with the inspirational Master Teacher Nicky Knoff of the Knoff Yoga Program.
Having a passion to bring the benefits of yoga to the younger members of the community, Jenny then went on to complete all levels of Kids Teacher Training including Foundation, Advanced and Yoga Therapy for Kids, with Loraine Rushton of Zenergy Yoga.
In 2014, she completed her practicum for Yoga, Scoliosis and Back Care Training for Yoga Teachers with Narelle Carter-Quinlan, of Yoga Body Torque, Brisbane.
Passionate about the holistic principles of yoga, in April 2015, to expand her Yoga Therapy skills Jenny completed Level 2 Teacher Training studies with Flo Fenton of Intouch Yoga.
With an addiction to yoga and a love of knowledge, Jenny has completed many yoga workshops conducted by well known; and highly skilled yoga teachers including the teachers from Biyome – BioMedical Institute of Yoga and Meditation, Yoga Psychology for Yoga Teachers – The Yoga Institute, Inspya Yoga, Knoff Yoga, Intouch Yoga and the Ashtanga series of practice.
Her recent training with Sarah Powers in Thailand in 2018; and more recently in Sydney & Italy in 2019; along with the completion of all 4 levels of training with Karin Sang & Markus Giess in New Zealand, bring together the teachings from the Insight Yoga Institute of Sarah & Ty Powers, as well as the Yin Yoga School of Paul Grilley.
Jenny’s yoga practice
For 10 years, Jenny has been teaching a variety of Hatha/Iyengar weekly classes and workshops to many students including Beginners, Yoga for Sport, Yoga for Minis, Mums n Bubs; Retirees, Yin /Yang Yoga, Prenatal / Restorative, Yoga Therapy Groups.
Jenny is also a passionate exponent of Yin Yoga! an ancient style of Taoist Yoga that works on opening up the deeper energetic channels with an emphasis on the meridians and chi energy within your body; stimulating the connective tissues therapeutically to keep the body supple and healthy.
Jenny’s yoga journey is to bring you to the yoga mat, All you need to do is show up, be open to the experience; and let the yoga practice do the rest!
Outside the Shala
Outside of yoga, Jenny loves spending time with her family and friends. She loves being outdoors, to experience the ever-changing beauty of Nature and its seasons! The trees, gardens, the birds at twilight (an early morning asana practice and meditation), the dawning of the day, dusk, sunrise, and the sunset.
- 2011- Completed 320hr Teacher Training through Pine Rivers Yoga, gaining special qualifications in Yoga for Prenatal & Birth and Yoga for Postnatal and Infants
- 2013 – Certificate of Teaching Discovery Level, Chair Yoga and Inversions – Knoff Yoga Program
- 2013/ 2014 – All 4 levels of Kids Teacher Training including Foundation, Advanced and Yoga Therapy for Kids, with Loraine Rushton of Zenergy Yoga.
- 2014 – Yoga, Scoliosis and Back Care with Narelle Carter-Quinlan of Yoga Body Torque in Brisbane.
- 2015 – 300 hrLevel 2 Teacher Training – Yoga Therapy – with Flo Fenton of Intouch Yoga which included:
- Theory and Teaching of Yoga Nidra
- Yoga for Seniors
- Case Taking and Provision of Therapeutic Practice
- Yoga Therapy for Autoimmune Disorders and Cancers, Female Reproductive Dysfunction and Respiratory Disorders
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Nervous System and Immune System
- 2016 – Yoga Psychology for Yoga Teachers – with Michael de Manincor and Janet Lowdes from the Yoga Institute.
- 2016 – Level 1 & Level 2 Healthy Ageing Through Yoga – Ruth Campbell Principle Pine Rivers Yoga & Elizabeth Williams – Educator for the Diploma of Nursing – Mater Health Services;
- 2016 – 50 hr Yin Yoga & Anatomy Teacher Training ( Theory, practice and anatomy) Level 1 with Markus Henning Giess and Karen Sang of Yin Therapy;
- 2017 – 50 hr Yin Yoga & Anatomy Teacher Training Level 2 with Markus Henning Giess and Karen Sang of Yin Therapy;
- 2017 – 50 hr Yin Yoga & Anatomy Teacher Training Level 3 with Markus Henning Giess and Karen Sang of Yin Therapy;
- 2018 – 50 hr Yin Yoga & Anatomy Teacher Training Level 4 with Markus Henning Giess and Karen Sang of Yin Therapy
- 2018 – Level 1 & 2 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Savasana Intensive & Deep Breath with Lizzie Lasater in Brisbane, QLD.
- 2018 – 100 hr Level i Insight Yoga Teacher Training Intensive – Yin/Yang and Mindfulness Meditation, integrating Yoga, Buddhism and Psychology with Sarah Powers from Insight Yoga Institute
- 2019 – 30hr Secondary Level Insight Yoga Teacher Training Intensive – Inner Panic Practices and further Mindfulness training with Yin Yoga Sequences
- 2019 – 50 hr Yin Insight Yoga Silent Retreat Mandali, Lake Orta Italy October 22-27. Entering the Silence with Psychological Inquiry led by Sarah & Ty Powers.